Monday, April 12, 2010

Sarah Jessica Parker Perfume Reviews - Dawn and Covet

These are my Sarah Jessica Parker Perfume Reviews for a few fragrances. I am a big fan of Sarah’s work but acting does not always translate into a good perfume! So I went to my local perfume store and tried a
few and scammed myself a few samples as well! :)

Dawn

This comes in a nice looking bottle with a light blue design. However on closer inspection the lid is a little cheap looking and obviously plastic. However I don’t like to criticise looks that much for
something that is bought for fragrance ... but appearances help too!

The official description is:

Top Notes: Citrus cocktail, violet leaves, angelica
Middle Notes: Bouquet of exotic orchids
Bottom Notes: Tahitian vanilla, translucent musks

What I noticed was that it was a light floral scent as you would imagine form the description and no fruity smells which is good as that would ruin the purpose of this perfume I feel.

The scent was fresh and light as I mentioned and I found it lingered for a long time which I found to be great as some wear off too soon.

Not my favourite but definitely a good perfume to wear for relaxed and lazy outings perhaps :)

I give it 3.4/5 and not too expensive.

It is well priced on Scentiments here

But at the time of writing this Amazon had it cheaper here



Covet

This one came with a lot of recommendations to me from some friends and the girls at the store. I HATE the bottle though, it looks like a tap!

Launched by the design house of Sarah Jessica Parker in 2007, COVET is a women's fragrance that possesses a blend of Geranium leaves, Lemon, Honeysuckle, Chocolate, Lavender, Lemon, Amber, Musk, Teakwood

Chocolate, lemon, honeysuckle ... this looked interesting but I was a bit confused as to how this would all hang together as they scents seemed a bit too disparate for a good fragrance but I was impressed enough with Dawn to give this a go.

As you can imagine this is a complex perfume but it does not offend in the slightest as it is still very fresh. At first you get a good smell of lavender but the initial scent eventually mellows to let loose the chocolate and lemon fragrances as well.

This is a classy perfume and quite a romantic one ... or so says my man ;) It can be worn for many an occasion but I like to wear it for special occasions and not as a daily scent.

I give it a 4/5 and I think many women will like it more than I do in fact

Amazon has it extremely cheaply here at the time of writing.

However Scentiments is close to matching it here but is a little more expensive


More Sarah Jessica Parker perfume reviews in the next few days!


How do You Rate Covet?

How do You Rate Dawn?




No comments:

Post a Comment